The brand strategy imperative or, “Hey, who put Sales into my Marketing?”
Your brand strategy sits at the crux of your business. How are we going to make sure our platform is the one that will garner us greater target understanding, enthusiasm and engagement? How are we going to differentiate? As a brand strategist, my business, marketing and messaging diagnostics work to further my goal: to place your company at the optimal intersection between who you are and where the target & marketplace opportunities may be.
If they don’t get the message, you don’t get the sale.
I believe in position & message. I believe they’re how you engineer commercially-viable brand strategies. But my belief that positioning and messaging are the ultimate drivers and determinants of business success doesn’t need to be your belief. I just need you to know that everything I do to grow your brand and your business is deeply rooted in this conviction.
Branding means business.
By taking a message-centric branding approach to your brand strategy, you’ll be equipped with the very precise definitions you need to execute on-brand. For more immediate & demonstrable ROI. For even more standout design. And for brand development work that adheres to a higher strategic standard.
To chat about my uniquely pragmatic and business-minded approach to brand strategy, just gimme a shout: 310.826.8518.
(Should you wish to ground your brand strategy in extensive market research and testing, you could visit www.greenbook.org. To learn more about branding & marketing strategy: see this issue of Harvard Business Week. Another great brand strategy resource is, of course, the American Marketing Association: www.ama.org .)
THE MARKETING EQUIVALENT OF “TURN & COUGH”Brand assessments, sometimes called brand audits, are how today’s sharp companies determine the health of their current brand strategies and brand marketing work. As a brand strategist and brand consultant, my job is to give you a candid appraisal with well-reasoned considerations plainly spelled out for you. The brand assessment documentation I prepare for you is also highly proactive, guiding any future branding work should it become necessary.
REASONS WHY BUSINESSES EXECUTE BRAND ASSESSMENTS OR BRAND AUDITS
- UNSURE IF WE ARE CARVING OUT THE MOST ROBUST POSITION
- MARKETING NOT RESONATING ENOUGH
- MARKETING RESULTS DECREASING OR INADEQUATE
- SALES COMPLAINTS THAT BRAND MARKETING ISN’T UP TO SNUFF
- NO CLEAR CREATIVE DIRECTION IN PLACE
- CONSIDERING WHETHER A NEW BRAND STRATEGY IS WARRANTED
- WANT TO ENSURE NEW BRAND STRATEGY HAS A CLEAR SET OF OBJECTIVES
- NEED MORE BUY-IN AS TO WHY NEW BRANDING INITIATIVES MAY BE NEEDED
- NOT SURE IF WE ARE BEING ADEQUATELY SERVED BY OUR CURRENT ADVERTISING AGENCY, MARKETING AGENCY, CREATIVE VENDORS OR OTHER CONSULTANTS
- NEED TO ATTRACT, RECRUIT & RETAIN TOP TALENT
A BRAND IS WHAT’S LEFT AFTER YOU’VE STRIPPED AWAY ALL BUT THE ESSENTIAL. (IF DAVINCI HAD GONE TO B-SCHOOL?)Brand discovery helps you break through. Via professional, immersive brand discovery, you emerge with a new understanding of how to create deeper, more profitable target connections. Should you proceed to brand strategy or any new brand development work, all of the key information and much of the new internal, target and marketplace insight has already been brought to light.
WHAT GOOD BRAND DISCOVERY DOES:
- PUTS YOUR UNIQUE VISION & VALUES IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- SETS YOU APART FROM THE COMPETITION
- PUTS CUSTOMER CREATION BACK AT THE HEART OF YOUR ORGANIZATION; ENSURES YOU ARE BUILDING YOUR BUSINESS WITH A MARKET-FACING MINDSET
- ENERGIZES THE TEAM, CREATES BUY-IN